Wednesday, 23 January 2013 18:54
Bogner's newest amp - ATMA - is released for NAMM 2013. See and hear it in our booth 5856 Hall B.
Update: The Atma amp should be shipping in aprox 4-6 months. Street prices are $1599 for the head and $769 for the matching cabinet.
One's soulful essence meets at the nexus of past and future. Where old tradition morphs into new and iconic tools are re-envisioned for the modern hand. This is our newest creation - Atma.
The effortlessly smooth and rounded corners are perhaps the first detail noticed of Atma's unique hybrid aluminum and wood construction. Not only is it a beautiful artistic statement that's incredibly strong and durable but it also delivers detailed midrange and tonal clarity. Light weight, portable and evolved, the sophisticated Atma is equally comfortable on a greasy juke-joint stage or penthouse apartment over-looking the shimmering & pulsating lights of any metropolis. A thin aluminum outer-shell allows for considerably smaller sizes for traveling light while the timber speaker baffle board projects classic organic tones.
Within Atma you can feel the influence of Reinhold Bogner's grandfather, who owned an aluminum factory, as well as his respect for famed industrial designer Dieter Rams. This was the modernist era of air-stream travel-lodges, glass walled homes and experimental materials used on futuristic concepts. And once again, past design ideas and approaches are being challenged and pushed forward by Reinhold Bogner and Atma.
- el84 power tubes for 18 watts
- ec81 rectifier tube
- aluminum head shell and speaker cabinet (baltic birch-ply baffle board)
- three channels: clean, crunch and lead channels. clean has a balanced tone control while crunch and lead channels share gain, treble, middle and bass eq controls. channels are accessed via the foot-switch or front panel three-way selector switch
- crunch channel has gain pot on back panel to control gain structure from crunch to lead gain levels
- three-way switch for 60's, 70's, 80's gain, voicing and compression. 80's mode is great for attaining hi-gain tube saturation at bedroom levels with inspiring feel and tone
- three way bright switch
- power attenuation from 18w, 5w or 1w
- effects loop with send and return jacks